Your photographs are a permanent record of your life, so you want to control the situation the best you can to ensure you get a nice shot. People who wear glasses need a little extra help to reduce the glare that can ruin your photos. Glasses are hip and happening and most people look great in them, so asking your subject to remove them is a no go. You can dance around the glare and get a perfect shot just by following a few simple tactics like a professional photographer.
1. Angling -To reduce the glare when you use a flash, ask your friends with glasses to tilt their heads up or down slightly. Too high and her body language says Queen of the Nile and too low equals an introverted shy guy. Watch through the lens for a subtle tilt, just enough that your flash and flat plane of the glasses are not seeing eye to eye. Sometimes, it’s appropriate to ask your subject to tilt their glasses up or down to jive with your camera, but this technique may compromise how that special person looks in the shot. The angling should be natural and always flatter your subject wearing glasses, so the onus is on the photographer to take the time to get it right.
2. Lighting Tricks – When the sun or artificial light strikes a person’s glasses head-on, there’s going to be a reflection in your photo. To manipulate the lighting in your favor, ask your subject to turn away from a direct hit of sunlight. The same strategy applies to indoors, especially with bright lamps beaming like headlights and multi-luminous chandeliers. Candles can also create chaos, so if you’re seated at a dinner table, just ask your subject to bob and weave a bit until the flicker in their eyes goes away.
3. Edit Your Photography Mistakes -If you tried your best to avoid getting glare from the sunglasses, you still have hope to correct the photo and save the day. Computer photo editing workshops allow you to rub out the red eye or flashy glare with easy to follow instructions that take just minutes to complete. Whatever software program you prefer, take a tip from the experts and be sure to enlarge your photo to be edited to fill the entire screen. The larger the image, the faster you will be done and no one will be the wiser that your photo was tweaked into perfection.
You have to make sure that your photos are perfect especially in the case of wedding photos. You must have done all the ground work for preparing for the wedding day. The selection of dresses, jewelry and other things might have been done with utmost care. The wedding photographs must be done careful since you can remember all these things only through photos after the wedding day. But you cannot spend all your money on the wedding photos. There are many steps for lowering the cost of wedding photography.
You have to find a photographer with a style you like and at a price that suits you. You have to do this carefully because photography can take up a good part of your budget. Seeking the help of photography students is one method for reducing cost. This will not only reduce cost but also give an opportunity for them to enhance their portfolio.
You can contact the photography or arts department of universities to identify students with caliber and creativity. The time spent for taking photos can be the criteria for cost in the case of professional photographers. You can reduce the cost by reducing hours that the photographer spent on the wedding day.
The shooting sessions can be planned to be done at a single place to save time. The group shots can be taken before the wedding ceremony and the shots of the reception can be taken immediately after the ceremony. The number of shots has to be reduced to save cost and take.
You can take a lot of shots on a wedding day and each one will look better. But you have to reduce the number of shots to reduce cost. You have to get the negatives of digital images from the photographer. This has to be included as a condition in the contract. This will help you to reduce cost while taking additional prints of your photos.
The wedding is a sentimental, dramatic and very special day. There are a lot of precious moments that must be recorded for posterity’s sake and missing out on them could only cause frustration and regret later on when the bride views that finished products.
Missing out on important poses or moments is a mortal sin for any photographer, take for example that photographer who wanted to save on cost and only brought himself and one camera with a few films thinking that the shots could be limited to a certain number of rolls. In the end, he totally missed out on the “kiss” because he was in the middle of changing the roll of film in his one camera.
So, if you are a photographer and you are just starting out your business of career it is best to know what you should have in the form of equipment and what wedding photography poses you should never, ever miss out on or risk the wrath of a bride. Remember: hell hath no fury like an angry bride.
Here are some “must take” wedding photography poses, never to be missed no matter the cost:
- When the bride arrives with her father or the man who gives her away at the wedding. Start from inside the car all the way till they stand together just outside the church or chapel.
- A group picture with the wedding entourage: father, mother, bridesmaids, ring bearer and flower girls
- When the bride walks up the aisle with her father or the man who will give her away
- When the couple is being prepared by the officiating priest or pastor for the wedding vows
- The couple making their vows to each other
- The couple’s first kiss
- The signing of the wedding contract by the couple, the priest and the sponsors
- The walk down the aisle by the couple followed by the wedding entourage
- Several full length poses of the happy couple
- The couple cutting the cake and feeding each other slices of the cake
Now the question is how to get all of these moments and more? The answer is to bring an extra photographer or two and bring several cameras not just one. Bring extra rolls of film just in case.
A good photographer is one who comes well prepared and who has all the equipment necessary to make great pictures. There are now digital cameras which are being used for weddings so make sure that they are fully charged and to bring along extra battery packs.
The rule is simple: be prepared for a worst case scenario and always be on the lookout. A photographer must be able to capture the joy and sentimentality of a wedding. So if you are prepared what to look out for and you are fully equipped, there is no need to grasp at straws and there would be no risk of a horrific confrontation with an angry bride. And if you can’t remember all of these, prepare a checklist and memorize the sequence of events in a wedding. That way you would be one step ahead of everyone.
Post Under: Wedding Photography Tips
The wedding day is the most important day in anyone’s life, whether it is the first, second or third. No matter which number of wedding it is, it is still important to immortalize the day that made you most happy. And who better to immortalize it for you but the wedding photographer who should be a professional and who knows what should be taken and how they should be taken.
The day itself should be stress free so before that day arrives make a checklist of the things that you want to have taken pictures of. You want to make sure that the photographer you hire captures those little details which you consider the most essential and which you worked hard to achieve. Help them out and provide your own checklist even if they already have one of their own. These are the ‘must take’ wedding photography shots that you want to come out. If they already have their own checklist, simply check out the ones which you consider important and add on the other things which are not on the list but you want.
By doing this way in advance your photographer would have the time to think and visualize the shoot. If they come prepared your photographs would come out successful.
Here are the things that you need to have. There are four categories and then there are important must have after them:
- Preparing for the wedding
This includes the time when the bride is being made up by the stylist and makeup artist
The pictures should include the gown laid out before it is donned by the bride to the time the wedding veil is placed on her head by her mother.
- Pictures with the parents and the family
This are the photographs that record the last days of being a single woman and her immediate family should surround her in a show of support.
- Getting into the wedding car or carriage
These pictures should include her father leading her to the car that will take them to the ceremony up to the time when the car arrives at the chapel or church with her father leading her out of the car.
- This should include all the important things that go on during the ceremony itself, the vows, and the traditional ceremonies if it is a religious ceremony, the exchanging of the vows, etc.
- Before the wedding reception
- Pictures with both sets of parents and family members
- Pictures with the wedding sponsors and wedding party
Here the photographer has to be instructed to take pictures of all the wedding guests plus the food that was served. The reception hall before the guests arrives should also be photographed.
The arrival at the reception should be the first pictures of the husband and wife after the ceremony. Together they enter the reception and get accepted as a couple by the community.
- The first dance
- The traditional ceremonies
- cutting of the cake
- Releasing of the doves
- Throwing the bouquet and the garter
- speeches by important members of the wedding party
- leaving the ceremony
You can save some money using careful planning for wedding photography. The major cost for wedding photography is in getting the prints and processing. You can hire a wedding photographer and get the negatives or digital image of the photos taken by camera. You have to make the settlement during the preliminary discussion with the photographer and sign a contract accordingly.
You can select the photos from this negatives or digital version for printing. A person having sufficient knowledge in the computers can easily do some digital processing and editing. You can give the images for printing and save a lot of money. Wedding photographers often charge heavily for additional copies for your wedding photos. Buying and setting wedding album yourself can be fun and save a lot of money.
Anyone having a little creative sense can easily setup the wedding album. You will also get the freedom to compose the album yourself and implement your ideas in it. It is quite easy to lay down photos in the wedding album. You can also place them in the order you want.
You can easily find templates for creating wedding album from online sites. You can also purchase good quality wedding albums from online shops and get it shipped to your home. This will reduce the amount of time you are engaging the photographer and can save a lot of money.
You can also get the digital images of photos taken by guests. Most of the guests now attending marriages often take photos. You can ask them to send you digital copies of photos taken by them. You can combine creative photos from these sources in your album. The digital version of the wedding album can be created easily. This will help you to send the wedding album freely to your relatives and friends.
You can easily handle camera with small information. There are small easy to learn photography lessons that can be taught even for kids. The only problem now exists for giving a camera to little kids is the cost of camera. You cannot give your costly digital SLR camera to a child even if they are good in taking photos. They may able to take photos like professional. The book Plastic Cameras: Toying with Creativity by Michelle Bates plays its role here. Small point and shoot cameras are now available in plastics for playing.
The have very less cost and have some quality. You dot loose more money since the cameras are digital. Some people use these toy cameras for learning photography initially. You may not some times have the time to look the users manual. These manuals are written by the technical experts in the production side. The plastic model of the same camera will help you to familiarize with the camera and the ways to use it. Photos play a dominant role in the life of many people. The small models of a camera will give you an opportunity to try your camera you are going the buy.
The small lessons given in the book will give you enough information to use it. You can find some simple that will take you to some great photos. You can also get tips on some of the photography props from this book. These can easily used to grab the attention and focus. You can make the subject look at you with out any instruction. Read the pages of your book and practice it with your toy camera to make the learning process easier.
Link to online book store:
Plastic Cameras: Toying with Creativity by Michelle Bates
Surveillance is essential for monitoring the security of a person. If you are person added to social groups like Yahoo or goggle you are also monitoring the works of other person. The Voyeurism and Surveillance require some special types of cameras. The intruder could not be able to identify source of the camera. The field of Voyeurism and Surveillance started long back in 1870 by enemy nations and corporate. In the current condition most of the government offices and homes getting call to ensure their security.
This book Exposed: Voyeurism, Surveillance, and the Camera Since 1870 by Sandra S. Phillips, Simon Baker, Richard B. Woodward, and Phillip Brookman will give an introduction to types of camera used for security. You will know that voyeurism is a bad habit. You are capturing images of a person unaware and unashamed. These video and images can not only be unpleasant for the subject but also for your feature. Both voyeurism and surveillance is taking video or images from a hidden place.
You can find many models of concealed camera types. The heel of a shoe, the handle of a walking cane and a fob watch are now familiar in the market. Some of these cameras are mobile but some has to be fixed. You can easily see that the security cameras are now being placed an all homes. The price of the surveillance camera has been reduced many times. You can also get many tips on implementing surveillance camera in your place from this book.
Link to online book store:
Exposed: Voyeurism, Surveillance, and the Camera Since 1870 by Sandra S. Phillips, Simon Baker, Richard B. Woodward, and Phillip Brookman
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!